Sometimes you just get lucky....

I was walking past a second hand bookstall in the market of a local town and a book caught my eye. It was the volume of the History of the Royal Artillery Regiment about the Far East.

The stall owner had obviously been unable to get rid of it and had just dropped the price to £6.

As I have a penchant for the Burma theatre I just had to pick it up.

Especially as it's out of print and second hand copies currently retail for £25 - £50. If you can get one.

It's been a good day.

I'll update you all on my elephant game tomorrow.

Comments

  1. I like finding a bargain too. Got back from Salute with a big bag of bargain goodies. I think it fulfills the hunter gatherer thing in our psychological make-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much a bargain, more money in the bank if I decide to sell it on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment